Website Caring Hearts of Sedona
Caring Hearts of Sedona, LLC (CHOS) dba Caring Hearts In-Home Care is independently owned, family operated and a premier home care provider since 2003. A team of caring professionals works together to provide various home care services to seniors and others who need assistance, to help them remain at home, or to assist them in facility settings. The positions vary based on the job descriptions, duties, and skills required for the services provided, but they all have one thing in common—the people who perform those jobs show exceptional care and compassion for our clients and are required to have a “Heart of Gold”.
Sedona, Cottonwood, Village of Oak Creek, Verde Valley, Prescott, and Quad-Cities Area, and Flagstaff
- Competitive Wages
- Holiday Pay
- Overtime Pay
- Paid Sick Time
- Referral Program
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Orientation, Free On-Line Courses
Are you ready to lead a team? Now Hiring Lead Care Professionals to join our expanding team for private duty home care. This key role position requires flexibility, reliability, strong work ethics, and the ability to arrive promptly to assignments. As a lead care provider, you will lead team(s) of caregivers, and certified care professionals and work together with the care supervisor, scheduler or other administrative team members, and management. This is a unique position that may offer additional advancement opportunities for career growth within the home care field.
Job Requirements and Essential Job Functions
Lead Care Professional must be able to work any of the following:
- Ability to work up to 12-hour shifts.
- Weekends (must be able to work 2 weekends every month)
- On-Call Rotation
- Short Notice
*Availability to work 16-hour shifts, 24-hour shifts, or Live-In is a plus, but not a requirement.
Lead Care Professional position requires the ability to perform stand-by, partial or full assistance with care needs and transfers.
- Ability to work as a team or independently.
- Ability to problem solve, and address issues or concerns of co-workers, clients, and family members.
- Timely inform the care supervisor, administrative staff, and owner of changes, concerns, or situations that may need immediate attention.
- Maintain friendly, but professional boundaries with clients and their families.
- Collaborate with company referral sources professionally
- Notify the care supervisor, admin., responsible party, and others as permitted by the client on changes in care needs
- Lead Care Provider schedule maybe frequently revised
- Ability to perform all ADLs, IADLs, partial or full transfers, and use Hoyer lifts, etc.
- Client Assessment(s) Care Plan
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality.
- Professionally represent the company at all times.
- Coordinate with the administrative team re: care provider, client scheduling, and clients.
- Schedule and Conduct Meet and Greets between care providers, and clients.
- Perform follow-ups on home visits weekly, bi-weekly, or as assigned
- Work start-up of new assignments
- Fill-In as needed for call-offs, open shifts
- Work scheduled shifts on a needed basis
- Flexibility is required for this position as Lead Care Provider has to be ready to work on an assignment possibly within a short period of time.
- Work shifts within a certain timeframe
- Lead, train, mentor, and oversee others
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time, and communicate effectively with others by phone, or in person.
- Complete training as assigned
- Complete any specialized care training as assigned
- Ability to work with individuals with different chronic conditions such as Stroke, Alzheimers/Dementia, Parkinson’s, Hospice Support
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Maintain auto insurance
- Promptly inform staffing, administrative personnel, and owner of client requests, changes, questions, and concerns.
- Promptly inform administrative personnel, the owner when clients, family members, neighbors, or friends request for or possibly need additional services, hours, referral sources, vendors, handyman services, cleaning services, home management assistance, additional care resources, services, additional businesses, or professional referrals.
- Promptly inform the company (care supervisor, staffing, administrative personnel, owner) of something that may be causing an interference with the daily operations of the business or Caring Hearts of Sedona, LLC dba Caring Hearts In-Home Care staffing, client schedules, care routine, client and family member relationships, companies or individuals the company may or may not conduct business with.
- Follow the plan of care to provide, safe, competent care and service to the client.
- Help the client to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
- Plan and prepare meals.
- Encourage the client to be as independent as possible according to the care plan.
- Professionally work with personnel of other community agencies involved in the client’s care.
- Attend meetings as required by the agency.
- After 30 days of satisfactory employment, the lead caregiver will participate in representing the company as a lead caregiver on the company website, photo, and profile summary.
- Follow Company Policies/Procedures, Chain of Commands
- Other duties as assigned
ADLs (activities of daily living)
- Mobility (Transferring/Ambulating)
- Grooming & Dressing
- Incontinence Care
IADLs (instrumental activities of daily living)
- Medication Reminders
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal preparation
Minimum Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement of 3 years of professional experience working as a caregiver for the elderly either within a home care agency, home health agency, group home, facility or hospital setting.
- CNA/LNA or AZ Certified Caregiver is a plus.
- Prior experience working in an office setting or an administrative role is a plus. Minimum requirement of 1-year experience of working in an office.
- Must be willing to provide care to individuals with different chronic conditions such as Stroke, Alzheimers/Dementia, Parkinson’s, Hospice Support
- Successful results on pre-employment drug tests and background checks are required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation, and provide evidence of insurability with a clean driving record.
- Prior experience in a leadership role is a plus
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to work on any assignment
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days of hire
- Comfortable with directing others
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Must be able to work independently and proficiently in operating a computer, computer software programs, and phone applications
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly
- Time management skills
- Strong Work Ethics
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, and provide documentation for Form I-9 and E-Verify.
- Must have a Smart Phone
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work time is spent in clients’ homes, residential settings, facility settings, and offices which are temperature-controlled environments; transporting clients to appointments using an employee’s vehicle or client’s vehicle, performing errands, and shopping duties.
- Must be able to perform all ADL and IADL duties, and safely utilize and maneuver Hoyer Lift.
- Duties include frequent sitting, standing, lifting, and carrying up to or over 50 pounds, bending twisting, and reaching.
- The ability to perform stand-by assistance, partial assistance, or full assistance is required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with others in-person, by phone, and through electronic devices
Caring Hearts of Sedona is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.